Maintenance Engineer - New Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary + Bonus
Astute are working exclusively in partnership with MVV Umwelt GmbH who specialise in Energy from Waste, Biogas, Biomass and Wind Energy. Operating across Germany and the UK they have installed over 400MW of electricity production and have multiple projects on the horizon to increase this capacity.
Their latest project is a 3rd line to their existing Energy from Waste Power Station which is due to increase their onsite capacity up to 230,000 tonnes of waste per year. Utilising both fluidised bed combustion and moving grate technology, this is an exciting project to be part of with a contract in place for the next 25 years.
With other projects in the pipeline and existing assets in the South East & South West of the UK this is an excellent opportunity to join the company as they continually grow.
We are looking for a Maintenance Engineer with a Mechanical bias to support the Maintenance Manager in overseeing the Maintenance Team. You'll be involved with planning and scheduling maintenance activities, budget management, outage planning, sub-contractor management and acting as Project Lead on plant improvement projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, as Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the maintenance manager in preparing an annual maintenance budget.
- Planning & scheduling of all maintenance activities from fault finding and inspections to calibrations, including outages and project work.
- Coordination of all sub-contractor works.
- Managing all mechanical spares & materials in the stores.
- Ensure the site is compliant with a variety of legislative standards including Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR), Written Scheme of Examination, LOLER, PUWER and COSHH.
- Manage the sites CMMS and ensure all data is accurately entered and maintained for reporting functions.
- Arrange and manage all third party service agreements on site.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally an HND/HNC/ONC in an relevant Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Proven experience of working on a variety of Mechanical plant including conveyors, gearboxes, boilers, pumps, valves and high pressure steam systems.
- Minimum IOSH Health & Safety qualification.
- Familiar with PSSR, LOLER, PUWER, Safe Systems of work etc.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar engineering environment such as Energy from Waste, Biomass, CHP, Power Station, Refinery, Steel Works, Paper Mill etc. Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers will be considered for this position.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary.
- Excellent Benefits package.
- A performance related bonus.
- Opportunity to work on a new build Energy from Waste Power Station.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.