Job Title - Maintenance Engineer
Location - Southwark
Salary - Up To £36,000 + overtime and company benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to join one of UK's leading Waste Management and Resource specialists. Working as a Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and reliable operation of the facility by coordinating and completing maintenance across planned breakdowns and overhauls.
As Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Completing daily PPM plans for a variety of equipment including optical sorters, balers and magnetic sorters, conveyors, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Coordinate both operational and maintenance staff to ensure the efficient remedy of breakdowns to ensure plant availability
- Monitor and manage stocks levels and materials ordering parts where required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- City & Guilds Advanced Craft in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Level 3 NVQ with a mechanical bias
- Awareness of material handling equipment, preferably within the recycling environment
- Experience with conveyors, baling equipment, motors, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Experience in dealing with mechanical and optical sorters would be desirable
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
· Up to £36,000 basic plus overtime
· Access to the company's rewards, benefits and discounts
· Fantastic company benefits
· 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
This is a rotating shift role, including nights. Please only apply if this is suitable.
How to Apply
To apply, please call Sam McSheaffrey on 02392 288 217 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.