Stoke on Trent- Field Based Role
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to join one of the leading Water and Wastewater treatment business in the UK. They are currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join their mobile water treatment business working in a field-based role installing, commisioning and maintaining mobile water treatment units around the Stoke-on-Trent area. Working as a Maintenance Engineer, you will be expected to travel widely and at short notice and will also be included in a rota to provide out of hours cover and emergency rapid response to the clients.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all customer sites are prepped to accept mobile units, including paperwork and risk assessment completion in advance. Once on site you will also be responsible for the management of projects including auditing of all on-site activities.
- Carrying out any breakdown maintenance as required and ensuring all units are serviced regularly and ready to operate in line with customer expectations.
- Maintaining maintenance schedules, adequate supplies of spare parts and ensuring all units are safe and roadworthy and ready to use at all times.
- Assisting clients with technical faults.
- Installing new equipment when needed.
To be considered for this position you will be expected to hold a HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a similar technical degree backed up with demonstrable experience of building strong relationships internally and externally.
Candidates should also have a background in performing mechanical or electrical maintenance/service work.
Experience working in a similar role within the water industry is desirable and due to a high level of travel to various sites, candidates must hold a valid full UK driving licence.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary up to £30,000
- Company Car/Van
- Competitive package including 25 days holiday + 8 public holidays.
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.