M+E Quantity Surveyor - Energy from Waste (EfW)
£400 - £450 per day (outside IR35)
Astute are recruiting for a M+E Quantity Surveyor with experience of working on multiple EfW/Biomass plants ideally.
The client require the Quantity Surveyor for measurement, valuation and auditing work across the scope of their package of works. The QS must be a good communicator as the client will be reliant on weekly updates to be rolled out to the site and wider management through face to face and conference call meetings.
Responsibilities across the role will include:
- Tracking changes to design and construction work whilst tracking budgets accordingly
- Understanding allowances for elements of work (preliminaries, materials, subcontracts etc)
- Measure quantities in accordance with standard measurement methods as required
- Challenge & manage cost control/mitigation aspects
- Undertake any other work required to maintain project to timelines set up
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable experience within the Mechanical and Electrical (M+E) field on projects of a similar process nature
- Demonstrable experience with managing Auditing, Change, Notifications and Variations
- Ideally have experience working on EfW, Biomass, Gasification or CHP plants.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines on a fast-paced project.
If you are interested in hearing more about this challenging role, then please contact Saleh on 02392 288 209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.