Leasehold Consultation Officer
Rate - £167/Day
Contract - 2 Months
We are recruiting for a Leasehold Consultation Officer to deliver the statutory consultative programme for leasehold major works and service charges, including responding to observations and associated correspondence from residents. Together with Leasehold Finance Officers, the Leasehold Consultation Officer will support the production of corresponding service charges and estimates and all the associated enquiries and disputes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To provide prompt and accessible consultation services for Leaseholders including; the calculation of service charges; major works billing; reserve fund; shared ownership rent and ground rent.
- To plan and successfully deliver a range of leaseholder statutory consultation documentation that includes details of works, potential timescales and calculation of charges.
- To be responsible for key decisions during the co-ordination and delivery of section 20/20b consultations in accordance with statutory timescales and notifications. Ensuring that these are carried out in accordance with the lease.
- To represent the council; collating information, providing support and guidance to all necessary parties for cases at Property Tier tribunal, county court and forfeiture cases in relation to service charge disputes or any other leaseholder matters.
Essential Skills and Experience
· Demonstrable knowledge of the Section 20 consultation processes.
· Demonstrable knowledge of preparing for and presenting evidence at a First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) and County Court.
· Experience of delivering successful consultation programmes.
· Experience of speaking clearly and consicely in front of audiences and to a wide number of stakeholders.
Note: Travel between sites will be a requirement for this role. There will be a requirement to attend meetings and other activities outside of normal working hours.
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.