Lead Mechanical Technician - Power Station
North East Lincolnshire
Competitive salary + generous benefits package
Our client operates a large gas fired CHP in Yorkshire which consists of consists of gas turbines, HRSG boilers, steam turbines, generators, water treatment plant, cooling systems, pumps, motors, compressors.
We are looking for a motivated Lead Mechanical Technician to join the maintenance department of this plant. The Lead Technician will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance work around the site as well as directing and advising the Mechanical Technicians when required.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Mechanical Engineer, as the Lead Mechanical Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance on a wide variety of rotating equipment.
- Work with the planning department to ensure an accurate daily maintenance schedule is produced and worked
- Outage support from defect identification through planning and successful implementation
- Coaching and providing technical advice to other discipline technicians and assisting Engineers in development of training plans
- Supervising contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the sites CMMS
- Ensuring HSE Compliance at all times
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- At least an HNC qualification in mechanical engineering or similar
- Significant experience in the power industry or heavy engineering environment such as petrochemicals, oil and gas
- Experience in planning works with the ability to take on small projects when required
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as alongside a team
- Flexible approach to working
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Excellent salary on offer
- Bonus scheme
- Generous overtime at 1.5x
- Company pension
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.