Lead Mechanical Technician - Combined Heat & Power
Competitive Salary + Benefits
As the sites Lead Mechanical Technician / Engineer you'll be responsible for overseeing all preventative and reactive maintenance across the District Heating Network and associated plant rooms.
The CHP currently imports steam from a nearby incinerator and utilises a 14.5MW Condensing Steam Turbine, to produce heat and power.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the District Heating Network Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Plan and schedule preventative maintenance around the energy network to ensure maximum availability to fulfil contractual obligations.
- Take an active part in maintenance activities, working on a variety of kit involving pump, boilers, heat recovery steam generators, compressors, control systems etc.
- Allocate the appropriate resources, including the sourcing of spares & replacement parts.
- Managing the planning of shutdowns / outages, liaising with third party suppliers / contractors as and when appropriate.
- Regularly maintain the Pirana CMMS, ensuring all records are kept up to date and accurate.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally qualified to a HNC in Mechanical Engineering but a Level 3 qualification with appropriate experience would be welcome.
- Experience working to Pressure Safety Systems Regulations, LOLER, PUWER and similar statutory legislation.
- Experience with the Permit to Work system, safe systems of work and LOTO
- If you have experience working on speed drives, PID controllers, temperature & pressure control systems, that would be highly advantageous.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary
- Overtime & call out rates
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to work with one of the UK's first District Heating Schemes
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.