Lead Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
Competitive Hourly Rate
6 Month Contract
This role falls inside of the IR35 Legislation
We are recruiting for an interim Lead Mechanical Technician to work at an energy from waste plant in Peterborough for a period of 6 months. You will be responsible for overseeing and managing a team of mechanical technicians with the operation of the plant, assisting with routine and reactive maintenance, managing contractors and assisting with outage planning.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, as the Lead Mechanical Technician you will be responsible for:
- Managing and supervising a team of mechanical technicians and sub- contractors on site
- Assisting with planned, reactive and routine maintenance on mechanical plant such as: pumps, compressors, boilers, valves, turbines, motors and conveyors.
- Assisting engineers with planning maintenance and outages
- Writing, issuing and preparing RAMS for approval.
- Managing and updating the onsite CMMS (HolisTech)
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Experience within power generation such as; energy from waste, CCGT, steelworks, biomass, CHP or similar heavy industry
- Mechanical qualification such as an ONC, HNC or equivalent
- CMMS and Microsoft literate.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Rate
- 6-month contract
- Mon - Fri working routine
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393 910 037 and ask to speak to Luke Bennett who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.