LE1 Overhead Linesman x2 - DNO
Cheshire, Wirral & Merseyside
Competitive Rate + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a team of two overhead linesman for a subcontractor on one of the major distribution network operators in the UK. This is a 2-year contract and is a fantastic opportunity to work with a specialist company in UK working within a team in a field-based role up to 33kv.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Charge Hand Linesman, as the LE1 Overhead Linesman you will be responsible for:
- Working within a team to rectify ESQCR defects within residential areas including low ground clearance issues using ladders and occasional scaffolding.
- Detaching overhead lines for them to be replaced underground which may result in performing poletop rescue, requiring you to climb heights.
- Installing, maintaining and refurbishing overhead power lines.
- LV Switching.
- Using a phase conductor to perform polarity tests ensuring correct connection of electrical circuits.
- Liaise with subcontractors.
- Adhere to all HSE, Standards and procedures of the subcontractor maintaining site safety at all times.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Full UK driver's license
- MEWP Ticket holder
- DNO authorisation - (WL1)
- NRSWA certificate
- Minimum 1-year experience working for or on a DNO.
- Polarity Testing Experience
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Long term contract
- Competitive rate
- Voluntary call outs/overtime
- First Aid course
- IPAF course
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02393 910 037 and ask to speak to Luke Bennett who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.