Up to £40,000 + Car + Bonus
Our client, a global leader in environmental solutions who provides a comprehensive range of waste, water and energy management services throughout the UK is looking for a Landfill Manager to join their established Landfill team in Cambridge covering both Operational and Closed Landfill sites across the Cambridgeshire area. Working as the Landfill Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the landfill sites including health and safety, minimising environmental impact, delivering customer expectations in terms of service and product quality and operating the site in an efficient and effective manner in line with the budget requirements.
Working as the Landfill Manager, you will be responsible for…
- Managing the day to day operations of both open and closed landfill sites across the region, going on-site to ensure all operations are in line with company KPI's and SHEQ policies.
- Drive and implement the company SHEQ policy across the sites and ensure best practice is performed at all times.
- Conduct risk assessments, site inspections and accident/incident and near-miss investigations where appropriate.
- Carry out relevant environmental analysis on site activities to ensure the systems of work comply with site permits and environmental legislations.
- Develop environmental control, leachate systems and solutions to optimise extraction, recirculation and maintain compliance, and deal with aftercare of closed landfalls.
- Ensure that operational activities and maintenance are carried out within budget and time constraints and drive to achieve minimum downtime of plant and vehicles.
- Manage the teams effectively for the repair and maintenance of equipment on-site including the sourcing of spares and maintenance programming.
- Liaise with external customers and stakeholders on site activities and ensure all contractors are managed effectively.
- Manage the site P&L
- Drive added value projects on closed landfill sites.
To be considered for this position, candidates should have a clear understanding of the landfill process and operation including infrastructure, environmental control and treatment.
Candidates should have previous experience working in a management role managing a complex team across a multi-site portfolio.
Knowledge of the Landfill and Waste Management industry is beneficial, with knowledge of processes including weighbridge duties and waste acceptance as well as the relevant waste regulations and site permit requirements.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary up to £42,000
- Company Car
- Bonus Opportunity
- Competitive Package
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 222 964 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.