Inventory Manager - Energy from Waste
£35,000 + bonus
Astute Technical Recruitment are working on with a market leader in the Environmental, Waste and Energy Recovery industries. We are looking for an Inventory / Stores Manager to join the busy Operations & Maintenance department of this power station.
Using fluidised bed technology, this energy from waste plant can process up to 500,000 tonnes of waste per year, producing around 40MW of power. With plans to build a 3rd line with capacity for an additional 350,000 tonnes of waste per year, this is an exciting opportunity to get into the Energy from Waste sector.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the maintenance manager, as inventory manager you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and maintaining stock levels of the stores inventory and plant consumables to ensure availability
- Taking delivery of goods and supplies and informing customers of goods arrival
- Forecasting demands, planning supplies, completing purchase order and accepting returns
- Maintaining accurate records of purchases and withdrawals to evaluate trends in stock movements
- Working closely with the Maintenance Manager to negotiate with suppliers and repairers to ensure best value
- Actively engage with the procurement team to adjust stock holding to ensure unnecessary expenditure is avoided
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Proven experience as Inventory Manager or equivalent Stores supervisory position in process plant or equivalent
- Working knowledge of inventory management software. AX would be advantageous
- Experienced forklift truck operator
- Competent in using Microsoft packages such as Word and Excel
- Knowledge of engineering equipment ideally from heavy industries
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
£35,000 plus company bonus and overtime
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393 910034 and ask to speak to Molly McDermott who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.