Instrument Technician x 2 - Oil & Gas
Excellent salary + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting for 2 experienced Instrument Technicians to join an operational on-site gas storage plant in Hampshire. The Instrument Technicians will be responsible for all ppm and reactive maintenance work on a variety of instruments (pressure, flow, temperature etc) as well as some electrical work.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting int o the Instrument Team Leader you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding, planning and carrying out routine and non-routine maintenance tasks
- Servicing various types of Instrumentation equipment, i.e.: transmitters, controllers and analysers in a timely and efficient manner
- Where possible, responding to 24hour call outs or assisting on plant breakdowns outside of work hours
- Carrying out isolations to the safety requirements and procedures of the plant
- Assisting with the other technicians and maintenance staff and having knowledge to enhance the efficiency and quality of the in-house servicing of various equipment
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A time served apprenticeship in C&I / EC&I maintenance along with a relevant engineering qualification such as NVQ, ONC, HNC, HND etc.
- At least 4 years' post apprenticeship experience as an Instrument Technician gained in a heavy process environment/sector (e.g. power station, chemical plant, paper mill, refinery, steel works or oil and gas)
- Electrical maintenance skills will also be required
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge and experience in electrical maintenance
- Knowledge and skills using computer programmes such as: Microsoft office etc.
- Team player, shows diligence and reliability
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- An excellent salary
- Private medical cover
- Excellent Pension
- Income protection
- A performance related bonus
- Holiday allowance
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.