Infrastructure Delivery Engineer - Civil & Environmental
Fixed Term 24 months
Salary £39,000 per annum, plus benefits
Covering nationwide, based out of Coventry or Birmingham
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Infrastructure Delivery Engineer / Civil Project Management Engineer, to be responsible for all aspects of the delivery of new EV charging infrastructure, from design and planning to commissioning and handover to the operations team.
Our client is a leading organisation within the Renewable Energy industry, with the opportunity for a Infrastructure Delivery Engineer / Civil Project Management Engineer to join their team based in Coventry or Birmingham, with travel required across the UK.
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure Delivery, who manages a team of engineering professionals, who together are responsible for the end-to end delivery of the expansion and upgrade of EV Network requirements in Ireland, Northern Ireland and Great Britain.
As Infrastructure Delivery Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Project Planning & Delivery: Project management, including preparation of all required documentation, for the delivery of the EV charging infrastructure networks, so that all installations are scoped, designed, planned and correctly programmed. Ensure timely delivery of infrastructure to meet or exceed all internal and external commitments including safety, quality and cost targets.
- Site Design:Design and document EV charger site specific designs, layouts and specifications including CAD drawings for all civil works elements. Produce detailed specifications for materials, finishes drainage etc for inclusion in contractor work packs.
- Safety Practice:Ensure appropriate safety standards are rigorously applied with respect to equipment, staff, contractor and public safety. Fulfil PSDP/PD contact role in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Environmental Management:Ensure project performance complies with environmental requirements and lead the implementation of the Environmental Management System in Project Delivery.
- Customer Focus:Work collaboratively with EV charging networks customers and stakeholders including relevant local authorities to ensure EV charging designs comply with all relevant legislation and are designed with safety and user friendliness as core design principles.
- Teamwork:Work collaboratively within the business and other cross-functional teams to ensure a strong customer focus is maintained and to ensure timely and efficient project delivery.
- Contractor and Supplier Management:Management of civil, electrical and charge point suppliers and contractors. Work on tender documentation, evaluation and procurement strategies as required.
- Stakeholder Relationship:Develop strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders such as Local Authorities, Government Bodies, Landowners and Service Providers.
- Technical Knowledge & Development: Work collaboratively within the business and other cross-functional teams to achieve best in class on site EV charging infrastructure deployments.
To be considered for this Infrastructure Delivery Engineer position, you must have:
- Level 8 Civil Engineering or equivalent Degree and a minimum of 3 years relevant post-qualification experience
- Project Management and/or Safety Qualification
- Ability to manage inputs from a range of disciplines and to agree delivery programmes.
- Ability to co-ordinate multiple simultaneous site works to agreed scope in terms of time, cost and quality standards.
- Strong CAD engineering design expertise and experience.
- Full UK Driving licence is essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to EV Chargepoint infrastructure rollout across the UK and Ireland, with a market leader in renewable energy. The package on offer includes an attractive basic salary up to £39,000 (depending on experience), plus company benefits including bonus, pension, holidays and healthcare.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960 .
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.