Competitive salry + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a High Voltage Electrician / Engineer (SAP) to work across a 2600-acre dock estate in Bristol. The HV Engineer will be responsible for all maintenance and installation work on HV systems covering building wiring, emergency lighting, control systems, power supplies and metering.
What will I be doing?
Reporting directly to the Power Systems Manager you will be responsible for:
- The maintenance and installation work on a range of electrical equipment across the site. This includes motors, switchgear, power supplies, cranes, pumping gear etc.
- Acting as a site Senior Authorised Person (SAP) for the purpose of all high voltage maintenance tasks
- Potential to lead a team of electrical technicians and apprentices in the supervision of electrical maintenance and installation work
- Managing on site contractors as and when required
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety policies.
What experience does the role require?
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A recognised qualification in electrical engineering at HNC level or higher
- A time served apprenticeship in electrical engineering or similar
- Extensive knowledge and experience with a range of electrical plant including HV switchgear, transformers, motors, drives etc.
- Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status and extensive experience working on HV equipment up to 11KV
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification would be beneficial
Applicants must be physically fit and able to work at height and in confined spaces.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive starting salary
- A company pension
- Profit share scheme
- Excellent holidays
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 and speak with Steve
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.