HSE Coordinator - New Build Data Centre
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Astute Technical are working exclusively with one of the world's largest telecommunications providers to support their recruitment at their newest Data Centre. Located in Dagenham, East London, this Data Centre will be one of the UK's largest with an IT Load up to 60MW. They currently have five operational sites located around West London and are rapidly expanding with new builds elsewhere in Europe. Offering a flexible service arrangement for customers and hybrid IT Solutions this is going to be a state-of-the-art Digital Campus located in a up and coming Digital Hub in London.
As part of the recruitment for this exciting new Data Centre, we are currently looking for an HSE Coordinator. As the HSE Coordinator you will always be responsible for implementing Health and Safety practises across the Data Centre to ensure an effective health and safety culture across the site. The role is based in Dagenham however travel to nearby sites will be required.
All candidates will need to be able to pass BS7858:2012 Security Clearance in order to be successful.
As an HSE coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all manager, employee's and others using the company premises are aware of their responsibilities regarding Health and Safety.
- To support the Health and Safety Manager and provide leadership and training in developing a safety culture and advise on improving safety in the workplace to allow a safe, clean working environment.
- Co-operate with the operational teams to close out audit and inspection actions ensuring that records are maintained.
- Conduct health and safety investigations following reported accidents
- Deputise for the Health and Safety Manager in their absence.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (or Level 3 equivalent)
- Excellent working knowledge of all relevant legalisation and standards
- A minimum of 3 years health and safety experience in facilities management, building services or similar in a health and safety related role
- Graduate membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02393 910033 and ask to speak to Megan who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.