Health & Safety Advisor/Coordinator
Duration: 6 months contract
Rate: £250 - £300 per day
We have an opportunity for a very high calibre Health & Safety Advisor to join our client on a Plastic Recycling Facility Avonmouth. You will be responsible for reviewing and updating risk assessments e.g. Transport, COSHH, and Workplace, internal Health & Safety Audits, inspections and Safety walks.You will also assist with internal & external audits to ensure that all relevant information is provided whilst ensuring corrective and preventative actions are closed off within the allocated time frames. Due to Covid-19 pandemic, the HSE Advisor will be required to put procedures in place in line with Government guidelines.
Skills & knowledge required:
- The ability to work independently, prioritise and manage workflows.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills are essential.
- The ability to establish a rapport with all levels of management and safety representatives.
- Able to carry out effective investigations, audits, inspections and compile reports and recommendations as appropriate.
- To carry out audits of safe working procedures. Be able to write permits.
- Monitoring legislative and policy changes and their impact on our organisation its members and the industry as a whole
- Assist in putting procedures in place for covid-19 guidelines.
- Providing a significant daily presence within the factory environment to ensure the workforce have a recognisable point of contact for health & safety concerns.
- Champion the Smart Zone Boards across the site to promote effective feedback.
- PC literate with a good level of spreadsheet knowledge.
- Strong ability to influence others.
- Ability to understand the key issues in complex situations.
- Be able to show initiative and innovate.
- Ability to work to deadlines, prioritize workload and meet targets.
- Strong organisational skills.
- NEBOSH Certificate is essential, with IOSH a desirable.
If you are interested in this role then please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02392 222 966.
If you are interested in this role then please contact me on email@example.com or 02392 222 966 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.