Housing Standards - Team Leader (Local Authority)
Rate - £25 to £30 DoE
Contract - 6 Months (Temp Cover)
The Housing Standards Team Leader
Key responsibilities will include:
- To manage a team responsible for the regulation of privately rented accommodation, including enforcement of statutory housing standards, licensing of HMO's, empty properties, public health issues, and landlord accreditation.
- You will be required to undertake one-to-one appraisals and support, setting out team and individual priorities, workload and performance monitoring, and providing help and advice to team members to enhance their knowledge. You would apply the principles and management methodology of the Systems Thinking Approach to achieve excellent customer service.
- To carry out all statutory enforcement responsibilities, investigations, give advice and provide a responsive proactive service in respect of all private sector housing matters.
- You will be the lead officer for the Park Home Management team in managing a number of residential mobile home park sites.
- Approve the commencement of legal proceedings under the relevant legislation, and act as the Council's expert witness in court proceedings as required.
- Have at least a BSc (Hons) Degree or equivalent in Environmental Health or equivalent degree in Building Surveying or similar field.
- Be a qualified Environmental Health Officer with a certificate of registration issued by the Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB) would be desirable.
- Strong technical working knowledge of built environment issues plus an expertise in private sector housing legislation and good practice, including enforcement action.
- Have a sound knowledge of surveying residential property and be able to undertake a full property inspection, in particular experience of the Housing Health and Safety Rating system (HHSRS).
- Be able to identify and provide advice on necessary property repairs and produce schedules of works with clear instructions on what works should be carried out.
- Experience in managing a team, dealing with management issues and performance monitoring criteria.
- Be able to use initiative to resolve issues, and provide guidance, sound technical and legislative advice and support to the team.
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.