Homeless Casework Officer
Rate - £28/Hour
Contract - 5 Months
The Homeless Casework Officer will be supporting the housing options team. The Homeless Casework Officer will be required to make decisions on homeless cases in accordance with Part 7 of the 1966 Housing Act and the Homelessness Reduction Act. The Homeless Casework Officer will have to interview customers who are threatened with homelessness, making enquiries to establish their circumstances. As a Homeless Casework Officer, you will be required to create personal housing plans and review/update these as appropriate. You will also need to identify solutions to prevent and relieve homelessness wherever possible.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Making assessments of Homeless applications in accordance with the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017
· Record assessments and decisions accurately using the Councils IT systems and communicate these decisions clearly to customers both verbally and in writing
· Liaising with other agencies to obtain information and identify appropriate housing solutions
· Identifying solutions to prevent and relieve homelessness
- Experience of working in a local authority and making homeless decision
- Able to work independently to make homeless and care and support assessments, interpret legislation and make decisions in accordance with the legislation
- Knowledge of the Homeless reduction act 2017, and an ability to apply this legislation and deal with homeless applications appropriately
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.