High Voltage Engineer - Substations
South East Kent
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are looking for a High-Voltage Electrical Engineer / Senior Authorised Person to work on a inter-connector substation located in South East Kent.
As a Senior Engineer, you'll be involved in project management of the installation of high voltage equipment, developing an asset integrity strategy, commissioning of plant and acting as a Senior Authorised Person for all works.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a HVDC Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing projects and identifying commercially attractive opportunities
- Work alongside project delivery teams to oversee the pre-work, installation, commissioning and ongoing development of on-site assets.
- Ensure all work is compliant with relevant HSE legislation and company processes.
- Supervise and set to work contractors on site.
- Act as Senior Authorised Person for all High Voltage work (min 132kV)
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- HNC / HND in Electrical Engineering
- Senior Authorised Person qualified - minimum 132kV
- Project management experience with MS Project / P6
- Minimum five years' experience working on substations, switch gear, transformers or other similar heavy electrical plant. Candidates working at Power Stations (CCGT/EfW/Biomass) or Refineries or other similar heavy process plant are welcome to apply.
- IOSH or NEBOSH or relevant H&S qualification
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Company car
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.