Position: Vehicle and Mobile Plant Fitter
Hours: Monday - Friday 37hrs
Over time is available on a rota basis.
Our client is reputable Waste Management company based in the Portsmouth area, who are looking for a HGV Technician to join their growing team. Reporting directly to the Assistant Fleet Manager, the HGV Mechanic will be accountable for undertaking safety inspections on both vehicle and plant equipment as well as enhancing and maintaining the departments reputation.
As the HGV Fitter reporting to The Assistant Fleet Manager, your responsibilities will include but not be limited too;
- Maintenance and testing of Hackney Carriages, Taxis and Private Hire Vehicles to the required standard
- Ensuring all compliance is adhered to across all fleet management, servicing, maintenance and operations.
- Assisting with the management of the vehicle workshop and facilities
- Creating and maintaining all records and reporting any defects or faults
- Safety Inspections of all vehicles and plant equipment
- Supplying own tools in order to maintain Fleet and associated works
- Operation of vehicles and associated plant required by operational circumstances
- To adhere to all company policies, codes of practice, legislations and regulations
- MOT Testing as the Nominated Tester
- Ensuring all compliance with O licenses and DVSA are adhered to.
On a two weekly basis you will be on a call out rota - Attending breakdowns and roadside assistance. Responsible for repairing and recovering vehicles as required.
Skills & Requirements
The ideal candidate must have:
- City and Guilds 1-3 or NVQ Level 3 in Motor Vehicles
- Evidence of working within a customer service focused role
- Health& Safety, COSHH and Awareness
- LGV Class 2 license
- HGV license
- Plant experience
- Experience working on both commercial and none-commercial vehicles
- Diagnostics experience
Salary & Benefits
On offer for this role is the following:
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Monthly tool allowance
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss further, please call Ellie Guest on 02393 910 473 or email a CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.