Health, Safety and Quality Officer- Power Generation Industrial Solutions
West Midlands with National Travel
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Our client is an international leading provider of turnkey solutions across the Energy from Waste / Waste to Energy and Biomass industries. In the UK they have 10 Energy from Waste plants with a further two awarded which aim to be completed over the next few years.
As an HSQ Officer, you will be responsible for providing support and guidance on all Health, Safety & Quality issues across multiple projects, outages and shutdowns on Waste to Energy plants. A key part of this role is ensuring all sub-contractors adhere to company processes and required legislation.
Roles & Responsibilities…
As the HSQ Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure a safe environment in the workplace without any risk to Health & Safety
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies and regulations are followed and are always regularly reviewed and updated
- Making sure that each sub-contractor meets their obligations in areas regarding Health & Safety in the workplace
- Oversee risk assessments and method statements ensuring they are completed on time and are satisfactory.
- Document any accidents and investigations and report accordingly.
- Conduct Health & Safety investigations & audits following reported accidents and recommend improvements
- To implement a full programme of relevant training to Health & Safety through out the company
- Carry out evaluations on the qualifications of NDT (non-destructive test) technicians to ensure suitability for work scope.
- Providing regular reports to the HR Manager & Senior Management team on all areas regarding Health & Safety activities
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant professional qualification including NEBOSH or equivalent degree
- Familiarity with CDM2015 Regulations
- Have experience in relevant industries such as Construction, Energy or Waste would be desirable
- Experience in managing an Environmental & Quality Management Systems
Package and Benefits
- A competitive starting salary
- Benefits package
If you would like to find out more or apply, please contact Megan McLeod on 02393 910 033 or email a CV to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.