Health and Safety Advisor
We are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Advisor to join one of the leading providers of integrated waste management services across the UK's healthcare and clinical waste industries. Your role as a Health and Safety Advisor will involve working to support on-site managers and supervisors to ensure best health and safety practice is maintained at all times. Currently looking to strengthen their health and safety team, they are looking for someone with a proven track record of improving health and safety as well as providing advice, guidance, assistance and support for continual improvement across the company.
Reporting directly to the Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure that the site operates safely and effectively in line with current legislation and company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all statutory requirements for Health and Safety, Environment and Wellbeing are met and implemented.
- Providing operational and functional management with advice on accident prevention, environmental incidents, legal consent and licence obtaining.
- Practical implementation of the company's H&S policies.
- Assist in the investigation of incidents and near misses and implementing training workshops where necessary.
- Undertaking site inspections, writing and reviewing risk assessments and method statements as well as site audits as required.
- Monitoring performance against agreed targets and objectives.
- Participating and leading in the development of a positive safety culture.
- Providing waste advisory services to new and existing customers, and where possible charge for these services.
To be considered for this position candidates are expected to have demonstrable health and safety experience gained within a technical waste management environment.
Alongside this you will have a relevant science-based qualification, a NEBOSH certificate as well as IOSH membership.
Technical experience and understanding of the hazardous or clinical waste industry would be advantageous and due to the nature of this role, candidates must hold a full UK licence and be flexible on travelling day-to-day.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Package
- Performance based bonus
How to apply
To apply or for a confidential discussion, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.