Head of Operations (ICT)
Rate - Dependant on Experience
Contract - 5 Months
We are recruiting for an IT specialist to take the position of Head of Operations. The Head of Operations will be directly responsible for 9 employees and indirectly responsible for another 48 staff in the shared ICT service. As Head of Operations you will; Manage the lead on infrastructure and all IT support aspects of the Shared IT service, Support the Head of Digital Services in the continuous development and improvement of the service, Have direct management responsibility of all digital resources.
Reporting to the Group Head of Digital Services the key responsibilities will include:
- Direct responsibility for the management of all technical aspects of the shared IT service, providing ICT services to over 10,000 users across the organisations
· Indirectly responsible for revenue budget of up to £2.5m, Directly responsible for capital expenditure of up to £2.5m
- Directly support the Group Head of Digital Services and lead in the development of the technical services of the shared IT service across all partner organisations.
- Management and leadership of a high-performance technical team.
· Responsible for managing and delivering the Infrastructure Technical Research and Development Programme.
- It is essential to have previous experience working for a Local Authority in a High-level IT role, looking after group-wide IT services for many users.
- Successful candidate will be required to pass a basic DBS check and will ideally already have a valid up to date check.
This is a very basic overview of the role and a more in-depth Job description will be provided.
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.