Head of Economic Regulation & Strategy
We are currently looking for a Head of Economic Regulation & Strategy to join one of the major water utilities companies based in the South. Working as their Head of Economic Regulation & Strategy, you will be responsible for supporting the continual development of the economic regulatory strategy for the business, ensuring operating structures are in line with all guidance from the industry regulator Ofwat.
Working as the Head of Economic Regulation and Strategy, your duties will include:
- Continuously developing the business's economic strategy and operating procedures in line with Ofwat regulations and policies.
- Operating as the key interface between Ofwat and the company on all regulatory matters.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory developments and understanding the impact of these on the business.
- Understanding and managing the regulatory accounting guidelines ensuring compliance with these.
- Developing and managing all price review submissions, including the company business plans.
- Evolving and developing the companies approach to risk management and risk reporting
- Carrying out financial and regulatory modelling and analysis such as ABC models, totex modelling and tariff modelling.
- Manage the companies tariff strategy and charges compliance for customers, retailers and developers.
- Reporting and presenting suitable regulatory and operational efficiency strategy proposals to the board.
- Carrying out regular performance reporting and Outcome Delivery Incentive management.
To be considered for this position, you would be expected to have a demonstrable background operating within an economic regulated environment with a good understanding of price and tariff reviews or similar.
Candidates should be degree level qualified or equivalent in economics, finance, accountancy or a similar subject and have strong financial management skills to manage budgets and investment.
Due to the nature of this role, a thorough understanding of utilities regulation would be extremely beneficial, ideally water industry regulation and Ofwat.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary & Package
- 25 days Holiday
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 for a confidential conversation or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.