Hardware Systems Engineer - IT
Rate - To be discussed
The Hardware Systems Engineer will be performing all aspects of implementation of Substation Control Systems (SCS); from design through to installation and commissioning on site. The Hardware Systems Engineer must be able to communicate effectively with the customer, have the ability to interpret customer requirements (including schedules, drawings etc.), have an understanding of system engineering design and be prepared to be involved in and eventually lead site visits for the purpose of survey and installation work (including the preparation of associated risk evaluation/method statements).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working under close supervision to agreed procedures/methods and standards with configuration and engineering design responsibilities.
- Interpret and verify customer supplied data and specifications.
- Produce system designs from customer supplied information using Capula existing generic approach
- Creating/modifying system drawings and Schematics
- Producing all necessary documentation to support the production of the systems
- Assisting in Site acceptance testing
- Involvement in site surveys and preparation of Health and Safety Documentation
· Experience of control systems panel design
· At least, educated to HND level in an Electrical Engineering discipline.
· Preferably educated to degree level in relevant subject(s).
· Computer literate with Autocad and Excel experience.
· Methodical approach to the interpretation of customer requirements.
· Hold a current full driving licence (UK or be able to easily convert to full UK)
· Must be willing to go for a basic disclosure Scotland check.
- Experience of Secondary Substation systems. (Desirable)
- Experienced in the Pacis and/or DS Agile Control System (Desirable)
- Experience of ABB Control Systems. (Desirable)
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.