Goods Inwards Inspector
£30-£34,000 Per Year
Depending on experience
My Client is a leader in the design, manufacture, supply and support of high performance fluid control equipment, designed to perform under critical conditions of pressure and cleanliness, to satisfy demanding technical requirements worldwide.
The purpose of this role is to provide a number of QA services to the Company, with specific duties related to Goods In Inspection. The principal functions are inspection of bought out parts as they arrive at Goods In, and administration of gauge calibration. In addition, from time to time the job holder will provide back-up for various QA functions; this will require knowledge of Company systems and the correct routes to follow.
- Goods receiving inspection of mechanical components using standard inspection equipment.
- Administration of gauge calibration carried out by an external test house, and calibration, when required of pressure gauges using in-house equipment.
- Special inspection services as may from time to time be required for specific customers (such as HIF)
- Generate paperwork required to route the components to the appropriate area of the Company. This is carried out through a spreadsheet based system.
- Interface with Purchasing and suppliers to resolve component issues
- Carry out problem solving and provide technical advice, as required, to the shop floor.
- Provide back-up for various QA functions, to cover holidays and other absences.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Good secondary school education, preferably A level standard
- Ideally a completed mechanical engineering apprenticeship
- Familiarity with mechanical components and the machining processes used to manufacture them.
- Ability to use manual inspection equipment.
- A good level of computer literacy, including Word and Excel to enable operation of QA IT systems
This role requires an individual who is disciplined, meticulous, able to work independently with a minimum of supervision and who is capable of making common sense judgements about the serviceability of mechanical components and gauging equipment.
If you are interested in applying for this role or finding out more then please contact Sara Nash on 02393 910040 or email snash@astutetechnical
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.