General Manager - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits (inc Bonus & Car)
We are currently recruiting for a General Manager to join a new Energy from Waste plant in Gloucestershire. We are looking for a General Manager to run this new build Energy from Waste power station; managing the day to day activities and performance of the energy from waste plant and O&M teams and ensure the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
This plant will combust residual waste at a rate of 190,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 14 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 25,000 homes.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Company Director, as General Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the plant within the specified contract, achieving KPI's of personal and plant objectives and maximising efficiency to deliver cost savings and improving profitability.
- The development of all management systems to operate this Energy from Waste plant.
- Plan for minimising and managing changes in legislation such as PPC, Emissions Monitoring and H&S issues.
- Maximising plant availability and effectiveness to improve profitability.
- Managing the stations budget in order to meet company objectives including achieving five year plan targets.
- Ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of all staff, support staff and sub-contractors are ensured across the Energy from Waste facility & Materials Treatment Plant.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Prior experience in managing a Power Station and delivering on a contract
- Strong technical understanding of the EfW and Waste Management process to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve performance
- An Engineering background and relevant qualification such as a Degree/HNC/ONC/HND
- Proven track record in delivering results against set KPI's
- Financial experience in management of budgets, P/L accounts, third party contracts
- NEBOSH or IOSH or a strong understanding of Health & Safety legislation
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Package includes bonus and car allowance
- Opportunity to join a newly built and modern Energy from Waste plant
- Excellent company with a strong performance culture
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve Utton who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.