Fuel Operator - New Biomass CHP plant -
Up to £15/hour + overtime - Rolling contract
We are currently recruiting a Fuel Operator to join a brand new 7MW power generation site just south of Sheffield area. The Fuel Operator will be responsible for supervising the delivery, unloading and loading of waste wood biomass fuel for the site as well as operating a variety of yellow plant to ensure a consistent delivery of fuel to the boiler. This is a rolling contract opportunity.
Reporting in to the Operations & Maintenance Team Leader, typical duties will involve:
- Operating yellow plant including fork lift trucks, telehandlers and front loading shovels
- Ensuring a constant availability of fuel to be processed
- Managing the deliveries of fuel to the site
- Quality checks and sampling of the delivered wood fuel
- Assist in the delivery of chemicals and loading of ash when necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
- Experience in operating a variety of mobile plant in an industry such as waste, energy from waste, biomass or aggregate
- CPCS trained operator ideally in both telescopic handler and shovel
- A flexible approach to working hours and ability to work shifts when necessary
- The ability to work in a changing, fast paced environment
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for this role as follows:
- Hourly rate up to £15/hour (DOE) plus overtime
- The opportunity to join a brand-new facility during the commissioning period
- Entry level into the operations of a Biomass Power Station
Please call Paula @ ASTUTE TECHNICAL 02393 912368
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.