Food Specification Compliance Technologist
Caerphilly, Wales or Remote Working
Astute Technical are currently recruiting for a Food Specification Compliance Technologist to work for a continuously growing client within the Food Manufacturing industry. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Food Technologist/ Specifications Technologist to work for an established food manufacturing company in an exciting period.
The role requires an experienced Food Technologist/ Specifications Technologist who is proficient in writing and approving food specifications using the systems of UK retailers, ideally with experience working with a leading retailer or food manufacturer.
As a Food Specification Compliance Technologist , you will be required to:
- Have a detailed understanding of all the major retailer specification systems to ensure the correct way of working are applied in the pack copy approval management processes to guard against the labelling errors
- Write, approve and maintain finished product specifications and ensure that all the product specifications and labels comply with most recent legislation, guidance and customer codes of practice
- Ensure the artwork information, claims and layout comply with UK and EU legislation and Customer requirements, and give guidance on these areas as required
- Continually seek to improve methods to increase the current standards and ensure any deviation is dealt with effectively and efficiently
- Review product recipes and ingredients, ensuring customer policies, code of practice and legal requirements are met
- Share knowledge and experience with colleagues, to support growth of knowledge and ability within the team
- Understand technical food specification writing and knowledge of Food Labelling Regulations and nutritional calculations.
- Maintain an awareness of new UK and EU food legislation to ensure that all finished product specifications and labels are current and legal
- Create and maintain category specific guidance documentation and work as a team to ensure a consistent approach can be applied across all product ranges
- Maintain the close interaction with NPD, Operational and Commercial colleagues, to ensure the smooth transition of product or process changes and developments ensuring deadlines are met successfully
- Ensure the legality and quality of technical data on in house printed labels to create and maintain all aspects of label manufacture
To be considered for the Food Specification Compliance Technologist role, it would be desirable to have:
- Minimum 5 years' experience working as Food Technologist/ Specification Technologist for a leading retailer or food manufacturer
- Minimum 5 years' experience writing or approving food specifications using the systems of the major UK retailers
- Experience in effective communication with retailers and suppliers
- Experience in food legislation, its interpretation and application to food labels
- Working knowledge of FIR Regulations and how to apply.
- Applied knowledge of UK / EU food labelling legislation
- Familiar with major UK retailers' Code of Practice and labelling polices
- Sound technical knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes
Applying for this exciting opportunity could not be easier, simply email your up to date CV and covering letter to Natasha Elliott on email@example.com or 02393 910043
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.