Fire & Life Safety Engineer - New Build Data Centre
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Astute Technical are working exclusively with one of the world's largest telecommunications providers to support their recruitment at their newest Data Centre. Located in East London, this Data Centre will be one of the UK's largest with an IT Load up to 60MW. They currently have five operational sites located around West London and are rapidly expanding with new builds elsewhere in Europe. Offering a flexible service arrangement for customers and hybrid IT Solutions this is going to be a state of the art Digital Campus located in a up and coming Digital Hub in London.
As part of the recruitment for this exciting new Data Centre, we are currently looking for a Fire & Life Safety Engineer to provide technical support and maintenance across the sites fire suppression, detection and early warning systems.
Role & Responsibilities…
Reporting to the Fire & Life Safety Manager, as the sites Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Providing escalation support for all system issues.
- Sign off and develop SOP/EOP documentation.
- When required, assist with commissioning of upgraded equipment and organise training for the Critical Facilities staff on site.
- Attend, organise and support all FAT (Factory Acceptance Test), SAT (Site Acceptance Tests) and IST (Integrated Systems Testing) on site, working alongside the relevant departments including the Technical Operations Department.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to encourage technical excellent on all fire and life safety systems.
- Maintain a high level of H&S as applicable, inline with company policies and legislation. Ensuring ISO compliance through audits and regular reporting.
To be considered for this role…
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally apprenticeship trained in a relevant Facilities/Engineering field.
- Relevant working experience working on Fire Alarm Systems either in installation or maintenance capacity.
- Ideally experienced within a Data Centre or Critical Facilities site, utilising complex detection and extinguishing systems.
- Manufacturer accredited with Kentec, Advanced & Xtralis detection systems.
- Technical understanding of both gaseous and water based extinguishing systems (to British & European standards).
- Familiar with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
You will also be required to undergo full security checks to BS7858:2012 to be successful for this position.
What's in it for you…
On offer for this opportunity is the following:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to join a leading brand within this sector on a brand new Data Centre
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.