Rate - Negotiable
Contract - 6 Months
The Finance Analyst will be responsible for financial support to departments and schools including such areas as the annual budget, monthly monitoring, statutory reporting, Tax and VAT, Exchequer, Controls and supporting overall council functions. The Finance Analyst will play a significant role in the council's capital expenditure and income monitoring and control process and in preparing the council's statutory annual accounts. The Finance Analyst will also be Responsible for a wide range of Oracle System and business operational reconciliations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Take primary responsibility for the production of monthly and year end revenue accounts, variance analyses, forecasts and all other financial returns required by departments / schools. These must be produced in accordance with strict deadlines.
- To prepare forecast summaries and variance analysis to be used in briefing CMT on the financial performance of the Department being supported.
- Deputise for the Senior Finance Analyst in their absence and attend senior management meetings if required.
- To undertake complex projects and/or financial analyses with minimal supervision for activities that may have a material financial impact on the council.
- To consolidate financial information into meaningful reports for senior managers which provide analysis, outcomes, options and recommendations linked to the overall financial position reported. To ensure that these reports are timely and accurate
- Support the monitoring of the Brent Pension Fund's £0.5bn portfolio of assets and £1.0bn liabilities, carry out due diligence on potential investment fund managers, liaise with key internal stakeholders and the external investment community, and recognise and work to mitigate financial and non-financial risks facing the Fund in accordance with best practice, internal guidelines and relevant legislation.
- AAT qualified, part qualified CCAB or CII + ongoing study OR equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials reporting, Business Objects and ADI
- Knowledge of local government funding arrangements
- Experience in investigating changes to accounting rules and areas of potential breach, proposing and implementing viable solutions.
- Experience in producing briefings and reports on specific issues for senior managers. Using information to support arguments and recommendations and able to present complex information verbally as well as in written form. Can produce presentations on specific issues and deliver them to managers and other finance staff
- Experience with working with managers to identify potential corrective action in response to significant variances, and to develop appropriate action plans.
- Experience of providing advice and support to council service departments whilst at the same time monitoring financial activities and standing on behalf of the Operational Director of Finance.
To apply please contact Kyle Ward on 02393 911 227 or alternatively, send a copy of you CV to Kward@astutetechnical.co.uk
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.