Field Service Engineer - Solar
Up to £35,000 DoE plus benefits
Field-Based vacancy in Milton Keynes and surrounding areas
We are looking to recruit an experienced Field Service Engineer / Operations and Maintenance Technician / Solar PV Engineer to carry out operations & maintenance duties across multiple sites locally.
Our Client is a Global Specialist in Photovoltaic System Technology, passionate about delivering a decentralized, self-sufficient, renewable energy supply all over the world. They are celebrated trendsetters of over 35 years, producing innovative products to support the development of renewable energies. Best known for their contribution to the industry for their extensive research and ground-breaking inverter technology, they are looking for an experienced O&M Technician to join their Team.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out inspection, service, repair and maintenance of a wide variety of equipment and systems installed at Residential, Commercial and Utility Solar projects across the UK.
- Commissioning, inspecting and repairing PV systems.
- Working on string & central inverters, troubleshooting and repairing faults.
- Assisting in the construction and installation of solar plant when required.
- Ensuring strict compliance with health & safety procedures.
- Managing relationships with Customers, the leaders in Solar, by delivering excellent service, answering inbound enquiries over the telephone and handling any faults reported in a timely manner.
- Organisation and management of the service logistics and inverter component replacement as and when required.
- Accurate reporting of any issues on the internal database.
- Provide additional support and training to the Client's Technical Team based on the business products.
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Electrical Engineering qualifications equivalent to 17th edition IET Wiring Regulations (an apprenticeship / City & Guilds / NVQ etc.)
- Previous experience in the solar PV sector (especially working on ground mount plant) and high voltage (HV) is essential for this role.
- A proven track record in a similar Operations and Maintenance or Field Service Engineer role.
- A Full UK Driving Licence
- Flexibility to travel
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Global leader in Solar PV. Offering product training in Germany and a rewarding career path. A competitive salary up to £35,000 depending on experience, plus benefits, including a company van.
If you would like to apply for this Field Service Engineer role, please email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.