Field Service Engineer - Solar
Up to £36,000 Dependent on experience, plus benefits
Field Based vacancy in Bristol, Wiltshire and Somerset
We are looking to recruit an experienced Field Service Engineer / Operations and Maintenance Technician / Solar PV Engineer to carry out operations & maintenance duties across multiple sites locally.
Due to dynamic growth, our Global Client, who specialises in Photovoltaic System Technology are looking to expand their team. With an excellent reputation for employee engagement and satisfaction, they pride themselves on delivering a healthy work/life balance to their employees and offer a rewarding career path, led by a team of experienced Technicians.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out inspection, service, repair and maintenance of a wide variety of equipment and systems installed at Utility Solar plants locally.
- The overall on-site plant performance, work quality and appearance (both electrical, landscaping, and other).
- Ensuring HSE compliance, reporting any issues in a timely manner as appropriate to the Regional and HSE Manager and implement necessary measures to improve HSE.
- Managing relationships with internal and external parties such as in-house LV, HV and Ground maintenance teams, subcontractors and other third parties.
- Maintain regular contact with the Technical Operations Planner, Regional Manager and Area Supervisor to coordinate site works effectively and seek guidance where required.
- Professionally and diligently undertake all required training and development.
- Take part in the company's on-call rota for non-working hours (including bank holidays and weekend).
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this Field Service Engineer role, you must have:
- Electrical Engineering qualifications equivalent to a level 3 NVQ.
- 17th/18th edition wiring regulations certificate.
- Previous experience in the solar PV sector (especially working on ground mount plant) and high voltage (HV).
- A proven track record in a similar Operations and Maintenance or Field Service Engineer role.
- A Full UK Driving Licence
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Global leader in Solar PV. Offering training and a rewarding career path. A competitive salary up to £36,000 depending on experience, plus benefits, including a company vehicle, laptop and mobile.
If you would like to apply for this Field Service Engineer role, please email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.