Estimator - Construction
£38,000 - £45,000 DOE + car allowance + benefits
Astute are working with a family run business in the Eastbourne area who are looking for an Estimator to join the team. They're looking to recruit due to continued expansion of the company and they're looking to grow in a planned and sustainable way. They're looking for an Estimator who can join their business, add to the team and continue to help drive the company forward.
Our client tends to work on both commercial and domestic projects so are looking for an Estimator with experience in both. They work on anything from hospitals, to higher end residential extensions/refurbs and even vineyards; this isn't your ordinary Estimator role! If you've priced jobs like this up to the value of £2.5million, then we'd like to hear from you.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting into the Directors, as an Estimator, you will be responsible for:
- Accurate pricing of existing and prospective jobs
- Speaking closely with different departments within the company and working closely with the Surveyor
- Spotting issues in tenders, pricing reports and agreements
- Building a potential client pool and exposing the company to new projects and building relationships with these clients as you go
- Building relationships with suppliers in order to gain the best prices for materials, labour and plant
- Producing tender reports and logging them accordingly
- Maintaining accurate records of tenders submitted, prices quoted and to keep track of your competition
Skills & Qualifications:
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A related degree would be advantageous
- Industry experience as an Estimator and a proven track record
- To be diligent, detail-orientated and to contribute to the team/family feel
- An excellent communicator
- An excellent attitude
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Salary DOE up to £45k
- Car allowance
- Private medical care
- Opportunity to develop the role and earn autonomy and remote working
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393 910108 and ask to speak to Tim Norford who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.