Environmental Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Technician to join a new Energy from Waste power station in Gloucestershire. This Environmental Technician will work closely with the QHSE Manager and O&M Teams to ensure the site is environmentally compliant always.
This plant will combust residual waste at a rate of 190,000 tonnes per year and produce more than 14 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 25,000 homes.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the QHSE Manager typical duties will include:
- Monitoring water treatment, steam quality and combustion products
- Perform routine checks and testing of boiler/steam/water chemistry
- Routine checks on the continuous emissions monitoring system (CEMS) over the past 24 hours
- Carrying out the stations EA routine reporting as necessary
- Working with the Shift Teams to monitor levels of lime, carbon etc
- Interrogate the CEMS to develop reports on the environmental performance of the plant
- Provide regular reports on emissions monitoring and environmental legislation
- Monitor facility drainage for debris, algae and contamination
What does role require?
To be considered for this vacancy it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A degree / HND / HNC level qualification in a relevant environmental / scientific subject e.g. chemistry, environmental science etc
- Experience in waste management, power generation or a similar process industry with a focus on environmental compliance/testing etc.
- A good appreciation of health and safety aspects.
- An IOSH qualification is preferable but not essential
What's in it for me?
Successful candidates will receive:
- A competitive starting salary
- A company pension
- A chance to join one of the UK's newest Energy from Waste facilities
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02393 910 033 and speak to Megan McLeod.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.