Competitive Salary + Benefits
We are currently looking for an Environmental Specialist to join a global leader in waste management and renewable energy services across the UK. Working as the Environmental Specialist, you will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining all environmental data collected and required at both closed and open landfill sites within the Sheffield and Midlands areas. This will involve data analysis, technical reports and project based site work to manage and maintain landfill operation and aftercare covering environmental performance and improvement plans.
Working as the Environmental Specialist, you will be responsible for…
- Manage and maintain all environmental monitoring data, ensuring it is correctly collected, stored and reported in accordance with permit requirements, environmental regulations and performance parameters.
- Verify data being collected using internal database and pre-set parameters.
- Prepare technical reports and present to senior management for support to landfill operations and aftercare management teams on matters relating to environmental performance and improvements.
- Manage site specific requirements and environmental obligations.
- Assess and analyse complex data including landfill gas, surface water, groundwater and landfill leachate highlighting non-compliance and advise on action required.
- Work on site-specific projects and liaise directly with statutory bodies such as the environmental agency, site stakeholders and on-site staff.
- Other duties as required.
The role is predominantly office-based but will require travel to landfill sites and other locations for meetings, site-specific work and training including contingency support to sites in other regions when required.
To be considered for this position, candidates will be expected to hold a HNC (or equivalent) in Environmental/Science subject or a similar discipline with a clear understanding of the landfill process and operation, including environmental monitoring procedures and data analysis.
Candidates will be expected to have a background working with environmental monitoring and a good understanding of the waste management, however transferable skills from other technical backgrounds including environmental consultancy, environmental monitoring, air quality, hydrogeology and wastewater treatment will be considered.
Due to the nature of this role, a full UK driving licence is required.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at email@example.com or call 02392 222 964.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.