Environmental, Health & Safety Officer - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute are looking for an environmentally biased Environmental, Health & Safety Officer to join a 1200MW CCGT (Combined Cycle Gas Turbine) Power Station in East Yorkshire. Embedded within the Production team, you'll be responsible for overseeing the EHS management system, compliance and all statutory requirements as well as EHS reporting & managing the sites operating licences / permits.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Production Manager as the EHS Officer, you will be responsible for:
- The implementation and promotion of all Occupational EHS policies to ensure continuous improvement in EHS performance in accordance with legislation and best practice.
- Providing key EHS guidance to the staff on site on all aspects of HSE legislation
- Ensuring contractors on site comply with all EHS procedures, reviewing RAMS, safety data sheets, COSHH assessments, lifting plans etc.
- Overall compliance and reporting of the sites operating licences which cover abstraction, environmental permit, greenhouse gas trading permit, emissions monitoring, discharge etc
- Support the development of new processes to ensure a safe system of work and minimise any potential risks to personnel on site.
- Taking lead of the HSE Team during outages, supporting the Principal Contractor and CDM Co-ordinator to ensure they adhere to their EHS responsibilities.
- Acting as the nominated rep for the continued certification of ISO:14001 and OHSAS:18001, along with developing the sites Safety and Environmental Management System
- Maintain and accurately record all licences and permits and ensure they are up to date and fit for purpose.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum HND in a relevant discipline, ideally qualified to Degree level in Environmental Science or a Health & Safety field
- Prior HSE experience in a Heavy Process environment / similar industry such as Power Station, Energy from Waste, Biomass, Steelworks, Paper Mill, Refinery etc
- Holder of NEBOSH in Occupational Safety & Health and IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- Membership of relevant HSE / professional body
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations, ISO:14001 and OHSAS:18001
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A highly competitive salary
- Benefits package
- Discretionary Bonus
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.