Environmental Technician/Engineer - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Technician/Engineer to join a brand-new Energy from Waste power station in the West Midlands. This Environmental Technician will work closely with the QHSE Manager and O&M Teams to ensure the site is always environmentally compliant.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the QHSE Manager typical duties will include…
- Monitoring water treatment, steam quality and combustion products
- Perform routine checks and testing of boiler/steam/water chemistry
- Routine checks on the continuous emissions monitoring system (CEMS) over the past 24 hours
- Carrying out the stations EA routine reporting as necessary
- Working with the Shift Teams to monitor levels of lime, carbon etc
- Interrogate the CEMS to develop reports on the environmental performance of the plant
- Provide regular reports on emissions monitoring and environmental legislation
- Monitor facility drainage for debris, algae and contamination
What does role require?
To be considered for this vacancy it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A degree / HND / HNC level qualification in a relevant environmental / scientific subject e.g. chemistry, environmental science etc
- Experience in waste management, power generation or a similar process industry with a focus on environmental compliance/testing etc.
- A good appreciation of health and safety aspects.
- An IOSH qualification is preferable but not essential
What's in it for me?
Successful candidates will receive:
- A competitive starting salary
- A company pension
- A chance to join one of the UK's newest Energy from Waste facilities
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 282 and speak with Arjun Patel who can tell you more about this position
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.