Environmental Compliance Assistant - Energy from Waste
Bristol - UK travel required
Competitive Salary + Benefits
We are currently seeking to recruit an Environmental Compliance Assistant to join a leading organisation in the Energy from Waste (EFW) sector. Based predominantly from their offices in the Bristol area, you will be involved in supporting a portfolio of multiple EFW plants across the UK to ensure compliance with environmental permits, statutory regulations & ISO accreditation.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting into the Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the sites are compliant with their environmental permits
- Travelling to the sites across the UK to conduct audits & inspections to ensure environmental, safety & ISO compliance
- Assisting with ISO 9001 & 14001 accreditation preparation & audits
- Making sure that all required monitoring, sampling & analysis in carried out in accordance with the agreed procedures & accreditation
- Supporting & providing staff training
- Implementing & maintaining document management processes
- Producing reports for the senior management teams
- Managing health & safety at the Bristol offices, which will include acting as the Fire Warden & the First Aider.
- Supporting technical administration duties including data input & Excel spreadsheet management
Skills & Qualifications
In order to be considered for this Environmental Compliance Assistant role, you will need:
- A degree in an Environmental discipline
- An understanding of, or ideally experience within, the Energy from Waste industry or a similar industrial process sector such as power, CHP or renewable energy
- To be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- To hold a full UK driving licence & be prepared to travel to sites across the UK as required
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary & benefits package
- An opportunity to join a leading organisation in the Energy from Waste (EFW) sector
How to apply
If you are interested in this Environmental Compliance Assistant position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or call 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.