Engineering Surveyor - Pressure Systems Inspection
Excellent salary on offer + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Surveyor to carry out hands on statutory inspections on equipment that falls under Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR) across client sites in the Manchester area. This is a home-based role with flexible working and would suit a Mechanical Technician / Engineer from the power generation sector looking to develop their career in engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities
As an Engineering Surveyor you will be responsible for:
- Performing site inspections and assessments on pressure vessels / equipment governed by PSSR on client sites. This could include compressed air systems, refrigeration, steam, heating & hot water, boilers, and pipework etc. Sites could include power stations, pharmaceutical sites, steel works and utilities plants
- Completing inspection reports after site assessments
- Issuing these reports back to clients to inform them if their site equipment is compliant
- Advising on the required remedial works and legal requirements of equipment that is not compliant
- Building strong client relationships
This is a home-based role with an element of flexibility around the working hours.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant engineering qualification at HNC level or equivalent as a minimum, ideally in a mechanical discipline. Candidates with qualifications below this unfortunately won't be considered due to client requirements
- Have at least 4 years of hands on maintenance experience in the power generation industry or other similar heavy industry e.g. CHP, utilities, EFW, biomass, chemical etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers would also suit
- Practical experience in the operation and maintenance of boilers and steam systems
- Good IT and communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with customers
- A full UK driving licence is essential
This is a home-based role with regular travel to customer sites within a 40-50 mile radius of their home address
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this role:
- A basic salary up to £45,000
- A fully expensed company car
- A performance related bonus up to 11%
- An excellent company pension
- 25 days holiday + 8 BH with an option to buy more
- Additional benefits including discount on dental and healthcare
For more information on the package on offer please get in touch.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.