Engineering Manager - Energy from Waste
Competitive basic salary plus excellent benefits package
What's the job?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join one of the largest Energy from Waste power stations in the country. This plant processes 585,000 tonnes of waste each year, generating 66MW of electricity to export to the National Grid - enough to power roughly 100,000 homes. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing long term strategic engineering solutions for all areas of plant in line with the business strategy from 6 months - 15 years.
What will I be doing?
Reporting into the Plant Manager the Engineering Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing the company business strategy taking the following areas in to consideration - statutory, regulations, resilience of assets, sustainability etc
- Directing and managing the engineering team to deliver on financial and technical performance objectives
- Take responsibility for preparing and managing the engineering budget
- Manage site engineering staff and contractors including recruitment, appraisals, training, disciplinaries, and annual progression of team members
- Organising all major planned shutdowns ensuring all work is carried out effectively
- Managing plant modifications/upgrade work, particularly those relating to boiler tube corrosion
- Working closely with other site management to determine priorities of the business to continuously improve the reliability and resilience of the assets
- Deputising for the Plant Manager when required
What do I need to be considered?
To be considered for this exciting opportunity candidate should have:
- A minimum BEng or BSc degree in an engineering discipline, ideally mechanical but consideration will be given to electrical/C&I biased degrees
- A minimum of 8 years of experience gained in the power generation sector, ideally energy from waste. Candidates with experience in other large heavy process plants will also be considered - chemical, steel, pharmaceutical, refinery etc
- A competent understanding of all Engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical and C&I)
- A health and safety related qualification such as NEBOSH or IOSH
- Candidates must have a flexible approach and be available out of normal working hours to attend site during major outage periods and in the event of unexpected breakdowns
What's in it for me?
This role offers a very comprehensive package including:
- A highly competitive basic salary
- A generous bonus scheme
- Additional benefits including medical cover, pension and 25 days holiday + 8BH
- A chance to join one of the largest energy from waste power stations in the country
For further information on the package please get in touch
How do I apply?
Simply send your CV with a brief covering letter to email@example.com or for more information call 02392 288 215 and ask to speak with Steve
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.