Engineering Manager - Decommissioning
I currently have an excellent senior engineering opportunity to join an established, respected, and growing consultancy business delivering a wide variety of best in class technical and engineering services to the UK nuclear sector.
They have proven themselves able to interview, offer and onboard candidates effectively under lockdown for COVID-19 - a great firm with an impressive approach to remote working.
The successful candidate will play a significant leadership role within the business, being responsible for managing the activities and actions of the engineering team in order to ensure projects are completed on time, to cost, quality and safety standards.
You will have demonstrable engineering leadership experience within the nuclear sector, specifically to include project-based multi-disciplinary experience of the design phase and would expect to manage the following responsibilities in the role:
- Co-ordination of the engineering team and definition of priorities in relation to the project objectives.
- To ensure that all interfaces data is correctly defined and justified. This will include working with radiological data, inventories and other data sources.
- Ensure that documentation is available and accessible in a central repository, including existing documents, photos, and background information.
- Interface management and document co-ordination.
- Follow-up of the major technical issues within the project, particularly those which cross functions and disciplines. This will include management of all relevant interfaces.
- Co-ordination of engineering teams to meet the requirements of the project and customer.
- Management and arbitration of changes to the configuration of the engineering files.
- Occasional support to engineering teams, especially in the case of contractual exchanges with Material and Time suppliers where there is a need to provide a global vision of all requirements.
- Ensure that the services delivered by the teams meet the needs of the project in terms of cost and time.
- Close monitoring of costs and deadlines (schedule / cost information) for feedback of the issues to the various project functions and / or the project itself, and to ensure the best possible solutions for maintaining project performance indicators (BV / CP, CPI, SPI).
Salary and Benefits
A generous salary commensurate with your level of relevant experience in the sector accompanies an extensive benefits package to include a contributory pension, medical and dental cover, and fantastic holiday allowance. This position also offers the opportunity for travel and a great variety of projects, alongside genuine development potential in line with an ambitious corporate growth plan for 2020.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail, or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.