Engineer - Renewable Energy
Up to £40,000 + benefits
We're currently seeking to recruit a multi-skilled Engineer to work on a dairy farm site in Norfolk where they are running an industrial process plant to produce cheese, as well as utilising the waste & by-products from the cheese-making process to fuel an Anaerobic Digestion (AD) plant on-site which is a form of renewable energy technology.
This is an exciting opportunity because as the Engineer on site you will need to 'wear many hats' & be actively involved across a wide spectrum of engineering tasks. This will include identifying & implementing process improvements to optimise the plant performance, successfully delivering & managing engineering projects (such as plant upgrades), as well as being actively involved in the day-to-day operations & maintenance on the plant & facility.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director, as the Engineer on site, you will be responsible for:
- Actively managing the performance & operations of all plant & assets which will cover mechanical, electrical & controls (PLC & HMI) systems.
- Identifying & implementing process improvements to optimise the plant performance.
- Successfully managing & delivering engineering projects, such as plant upgrades, continuous improvement or plant outage projects.
- Remaining hands on & actively involved in the day-to-day operations & maintenance of the plant.
- Providing input to the management of the business, ensuring operational targets & other key performance indicators are being achieved.
- Ensuring compliance with health, safety & environmental regulations.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Hold a relevant Mechanical, Electrical or Control Systems Engineering qualification (ideally at HNC, HND or Degree level).
- Posses a multi-skilled engineering background as you will be required to work across the mechanical, electrical & control systems.
- Have experience working on industrial process plant such as pumps, motors, gearboxes, compressors, water systems, cooling systems etc.
- Be capable of 'wearing many hats' as you will be involved with hands-on maintenance through to project management.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary of up to £40,000 depending on experience
- The option to rent on-site accommodation, with a 3-bedroom house available at a reduced rate of just £25 per month!
- Great progression opportunities available, as the director is looking for someone to take on more of the site management responsibilities.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.