Energy Centre Operative - CHP
6 months Contract
Astute are looking for an experience operative to work within an Energy Centre using combined heat and power (CHP) process to generate steam and electricity to nearby facilities. You will be providing Shift cover and assisting technicians with the safe operation of process plant and control systems including steam turbines and boilers which could include repair, maintenance and servicing.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Energy Centre Manager, as the Energy Centre Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Operating CHP plant equipment including steam turbines, engines, boilers, PLC's SCADA.
- Assisting technicians with routine and reactive plant maintenance to ensure the plant maintains optimal efficiency.
- Monitoring control and instrumentation parameters, making reports to prove effectiveness of the plant.
- Override systems to manually operate the plant when necessary.
- Carry out pressure system inspections according to schedule and to meet legislation requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Experienced in operating energy conversion plant (boilers, CHP, generators etc.).
- MUST Have Boiler Operators Accreditation Scheme Qualification (BOAS) or equivalent.
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- 6-month contract
- Competitive Day Rate
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02393 910 037 ask to speak to Luke Bennett who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.