Electro-Mechanical Technician - Biomass Power Station
Competitive Salary & Excellent benefits package
We are actively recruiting a multi skilled maintenance technician to join the Maintenance Department of a brand-new Biomass (Wood) power station in the South Yorkshire area. The Electro-Mechanical Technician will ultimately be responsible for carrying out pre planned and reactive maintenance on all electrical and mechanical plant around the power station.
What you will be doing…
Reporting to the Operation and Maintenance Team Leader, typical duties will include:
· Performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks on a range of mechanical and electrical equipment including motors, valves, rotating plant, pumps, switchgear variable speed drives and conveyor systems
· Assisting during major maintenance periods, shut downs, outages etc. when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
· Working alongside other technicians in the maintenance team in diagnosing faults and assisting/suggesting equipment upgrades
· Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
· Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
· Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times
. Work on call out rota to repsond to site out of hours during emergencies and work occasional weekends.
What you will need…
· A recognised engineering apprenticeship along with an HNC/ONC in either a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline
· At least 4 years of experience working in the maintenance team in a heavy process environment such as a power station, refinery, chemical plant or paper mill. Multi skilled Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
· Experience with CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) would be an advantage
What's in it for you…
· Competitive Salary
· Excellent benefits
· An opportunity to join a new, modern Biomass plant
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 214 and ask to speak to Mollie Allison who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.