Electrical Technician - Power Station
Competitive basic salary + excellent benefits
Our client owns and operates a 895MW Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power Station in Hampshire, this site is capable of supplying power for around one million homes.
Using CCGT technology the plant is one of the most efficient in the country and consists of gas turbines, HRSG boilers, steam turbines, generators, water treatment plant, cooling systems, pumps, motors, compressors and much more.
We are currently recruiting an Electrical Technician to join the maintenance department of this plant responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance work around the site to ensure minimal downtime.
What does the job involve?
Reporting to the Electrical Engineer, as an Electrical Technician, typical duties will include:
- Fault-finding and maintaining electrical assets including motors, motors, switchgear, transformers and HV plant
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Undertaking/assisting in plant developments/ projects
- Setting to work and supervising contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the sites CMMS
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times
What is required?
Ideally candidates applying for this vacancy should have:
- At least 2 years of experience post apprenticeship in electrical maintenance in a heavy process industry
- A Level 3 / ONC / HNC or equivalent qualification in electrical engineering
- Experience maintaining electrical assets including motors, switchgear, transformers, HV plant etc. in a heavy process environment. This could be a power station, petrochemical site, refinery, steel works etc.
- The highest regards for health, safety and environmental compliance
- A flexible/adaptable approach and ability to motivate others
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.