Electrical Technician - Biomass Power Station
Excellent salary + Bonus + Benefits
We are recruiting a Electrical Technician to join a newly built, 40MW, Biomass Power Station located in South Wales. Fuelled using waste wood, the plant produces enough power for 78,000 and saving 150,000 tons of CO2 on an annual basis. As the Electrical Technician, you'll be responsible for preventative and reactive maintenance across a variety of electrical equipment on site as well as supporting the O&M Manager with planning maintenance schedules and the execution of shutdowns.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the O&M Manager you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on electrical assets including motors, transformers, switchgear, drives and high voltage equipment
- Ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely and within environmental parameters of the power station
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- An apprenticeship in electrical maintenance alongside a relevant technical qualification e.g. HNC / ONC / NVQ in electrical engineering or a similar
- At least 5 years of hands on maintenance experience with electrical systems including motors, drives, transformers, switchgear etc.
- Practical knowledge of maintenance procedures and processes associated with heavy process industries such as power generation, petrochemical, steel, paper mill, pharmaceutical etc.
- Ideally experience in planning maintenance schedules
- Experience working on high voltage (HV) equipment is desirable
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive starting salary
- A performance related bonus
- Overtime at 1.5x
- The chance to join a power plant in the early stages of its life cycle
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.