Electrical Technician - New Biomass CHP Plant
£38,000 + benefits
Astute Technical are working exclusively with our client who are currently looking for an Electrical Technician join a new 7MW power generation site just south of Nottingham. The Electrical Technician will be responsible for carrying out all PPM and reactive maintenance on all electrical assets to ensure plant availability is maximised and downtime is kept to a minimum.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, as an Electrical Technician, you will be responsible for:
· Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance work on PLC controlled equipment, HV/LV systems, motors, pneumatic systems and variable speed drives
· Completing routine inspections and undertaking preventative maintenance work as part of preventative maintenance management, to ensure equipment is consistently in good condition.
· Assisting the Electrical Engineer with outage planning, scheduling and coordination
· Ensuring maintenance work is properly recorded on the site CMMS
· To liaise with outside contractors on specific repairs / maintenance work
· Carrying out all activities with the highest regard for health and safety
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
· A relevant technical qualification such an HNC/NVQ/C&G in electrical engineering supported by a time served apprenticeship
· At least 5 years of experience in a heavy process environment in electrical maintenance. This can be from a power station, refinery, chemical plant, paper mill, pharmaceutical site etc
· Experience maintaining and fault finding on motors, variable speed drives, switchgear and HV/LV systems
· Experience working with a computerised maintenance management system
· A high regard for HSE compliance - an IOSH or NEBOSH would be ideal but is not essential
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
· Salary up to £38,000 + Benefits
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02393 910 033 and ask to speak to Megan McLeod who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.