Job Title: Electrical Technician - Contract
Location: North London
Our client a leading nationwide integrated waste management business providing collection, treatment, recycling and technologically driven energy generation services is looking for an Electrical Technician to join one of its key venues in North London on a contracted basis for 1 month with the possibility of this being extended.
What you will be doing
- Planning and carrying out maintenance and repair of plant and ancillary equipment, as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Providing a safe and efficient service ensuring that Health & Safety is at the forefront of working practice and that all organisational procedures and safe systems of work are adhered to at all times.
- Working with the maintenance team to ensure the completion of reactive and planned maintenance plus plant modifications to improve the efficiency and reliability of the plant.
- Raise work orders for correct works, and ensure all work carried out of shift have work orders and signed off correctly.
- Working closely with Site Production Supervisors, ensuring material quality/products are maintained to a high standard Undertaking fault finding, diagnostics and corrections
- Ensuring that process plant and equipment operates effectively and efficiently during the shift period.
- Develop and implement a programme of planned preventative maintenance and inspection to minimise downtime, provide records of recurrent faulting and develop engineered solutions to these issues.
What you will need
- Level 3 NVQ/HNC/HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar
- You will have experience of working with low levels of supervision in a high-pressure production environment.
- You will have familiarity of working with pump operations, PPM's and hydraulic systems.
- Maintenance experience from within a relevant industry (power generation, energy from waste, waste management, heavy process) is a must.
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Sam McSheaffrey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392228217 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.