Electrical Technician - Power Generation
Circa £42,000 + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Technician to join the maintenance department of an energy from waste power station near Slough, Berkshire. The Electrical Technician will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance work on all electrical equipment across the site to ensure plant downtime is kept to a minimum.
What you'll be doing...
Reporting to the site Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance work on PLC controlled equipment, HV/LV systems, motors, pneumatic systems and variable speed drives
- Completing routine inspections and undertaking preventative maintenance work as part of preventative maintenance management, to ensure equipment is consistently in good condition.
- Assisting the Electrical Engineer with outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- Ensuring maintenance work is properly recorded on the site CMMS
- To liaise with outside contractors on specific repairs / maintenance work
- Carrying out all activities with the highest regard for health and safety
What you will need...
To be considered for this Electrical Technician opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A relevant technical qualification such an HNC/NVQ/C&G in electrical engineering supported by a time served apprenticeship
- At least 5 years of experience in a heavy process environment in electrical maintenance. This can be from a power station, refinery, chemical plant, paper mill, pharmaceutical site etc
- Experience maintaining and fault finding on motors, variable speed drives, switchgear and HV/LV systems
- Experience working with a computerised maintenance management system
- A high regard for HSE compliance - an IOSH or NEBOSH would be ideal but is not essential
What is in it for you...
This successful candidate will receive:
- A salary up to £42,000
- A performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday
- A company pension
- The chance to join the growing EFW industry
How do I apply?
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve Utton
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.